- I've spent a g reat deal of time experimenting with making bread with the Thermomix. Failures are still used, thank goodness, as there's been plenty of them!
- Just slice bread, place in oven on 150 C and allow to dry out. Break up in to TMX bowl and blitz to make toasted breadcrumbs. Or, just blitz fresh loaf. Add butter and garlic or parmesan and herbs. Freeze in bags.
- The loaf in the picture is one that rose in the tin in the fridge overnight. Cover loosely with a shopping bag.
- 500 g bread flour, (I use Lauke Wallaby and sometimes sub out 200 g for 200 g Lauke Bread Mix)
- 300 g tepid water
- 1 Tbsp lecithin (optional, available from chemist)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 Tbsp seeds (I use pepitas, sunflower, sesame and flax)
- 2 tsp salt or - reduce if using bread mix as part of the flour portion
- 1 tsp Natural Bread Improver (again, Lauke brand)
- 1 3/4 tsp dried yeast
- 1/4 tsp Vitamin C powder (chemist or Health Food Shop)
8Recipe is created for
Mix on for 8 minutes. Leave to rise in until peeking out of the top. (Thanks to Isi from Portugal who is on the Thermomix Forum. This was her idea to leave it in the TMX for the first rise.) Poke down and mix on for another 2 minutes. Roll out to a rectangle shape and roll up like a sausage, place in large tin. Leave to rise in fridge overnight, if desired, or leave in a warm place to until doubled.
Preheat oven to 200C towards end of proving time.
Spray loaf with water and place a dish of water in the bottom shelf of the oven. Steam helps make a crusty loaf.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from tin and place back in oven for 5 minutes. (optional for really crusty bread)
After second rising, divide dough into two equal pieces. Roll into balls and place in tin for a different looking loaf.
I don't bother with honey, oil, Vitamin C or lecithin in my loaf now. It's just fine with flour, water, yeast and salt. I have also reduced the salt to 1 tsp.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Dairy free chocolate mousse
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Israeli Cous Cous Salad
- Peanut butter
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Sun dried Tomato tapenade
- Steam rice in varoma basket