THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 level tbsp dried yeast for baking
- 300 g water
- 2 level tbsp oil, Coconut or Olive
- 1 level tsp salt
- 450 g spelt flour, or any flour
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Pour in water, oil and yeast
- Put the lid with Measuring Cup (MC) in place and set to 2 mins, 37 degrees celsius on speed 1
- Allow the mixture to sit for a minute or two until you see a yeasty foam appear
- Add flour and salt
- Replace lid with MC and mix for 30 seconds on speed 6
- Select the turbo/kneading function and knead for 3 minutes
- Grease a bowl with a little oil and tip the dough in. If you wiggle the bottom of the blade (outside the bowl) any stuck dough should fall out
- Place a tea towel over the bowl and put it somewhere warm for 10 mins. I put mine on the top of our Aga but you could also put in an airing cupboard, near a radiator or into the oven at a very low temperature.
- Put some flour on your work surface and hands and cut/shape the dough to whatever size you wish and place on a baking tray with baking paper. I made mine into fairly dinky round rolls but you could make bigger burger buns or hotdog buns if you like. You could also add toppings like bacon and cheese or seeds/nuts
- Bake for 15-20 mins. If you are using a normal oven, put in to a cold oven and then set to 180 degrees celcius. However if you're using an Aga (like me!) just pop into the baking oven (middle runners) - works perfectly for me :o)
- Your rolls will be ready when they’re slightly browned and hollow when you tap the bottom.
This dough can be cut into any shape - I actually only made half the rolls and then used the rest later on to make a pizza base for the kids.
This dough doesn't tend to keep as well as others so recommended to use on the day
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas