- 100 g spelt grain
- 20 g Chia Seeds.
- 100 g water, warm
- 5 g yeast dry
- 300 g water
- 440 g Bakers Four
- 5 g sugar
- 5 g salt
- 15 g oil
Add spelt or wheat grain to the bowl, mill 1 min/Speed 9. Set aside.
Add chia seeds and the 100g warm water to a separate bowl to soak the chia seeds. Set aside. Mix once with a spoon to ensure all seeds are moist.
Add 300g water and dried yeast to the bowl heat 2 min/37 degrees/speed 2.
Add sugar, bakers flour, milled grain, extra seeds, salt, soaked chia seeds and oil to the bowl mix 6 secs/speed 6.
I have used coconut oil in this receipe; the original used olive oil. You can also add 15g of bread improver if you wish at this step.
Knead bread for 8 mins//.
Add dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with cling wrap or cloth and let prove until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray with water and bake for 30 mins.
Turn out onto a cooling rack to avoid sweating in the bread tin.
High Rise White Chia Bread
If you have trouble removing all the dough from the bowl turbo for 1 sec and use the spatula to remove extra dough from the sides of the bowl.
If it's a particularly cold day, I sit the bread on a heat pack whilst proving.
Once cooled I cut up and put into freezer bags ready to use to eliminate waste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding