- 0.16 litres milk, room temperature
- 0.08 litres water, room temperature
- 1 sachet dry yeast, or about 2 tsp
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves only, optional
- 320 g strong flour
8Recipe is created for
- Place milk, water, yeast, and sugar in Thermomix. 2 min. / 37 degrees / speed 3.
- Add flour, salt, and thyme (if using). 3 min. / /
- Leave it in the Thermomix until it is almost double in size (about 30 min.)
- Remove it from Thermomix, split it in six balls, and with the help of a bit of flour and a roll make six pitas (flat bread).
- Place a frying pan (ideally non-stick) on medium to low fire. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and fry each pita 1-2 minutes each side until it has a nice golden colour.
- They can be made in advance and put on the side. When it is time to serve, warm up a frying pan (without oil) and warm each pita in it. If they are too dry (touch them to feel), then wet with a bit of water before warming up in the pan.
You may use them for making Greek souvlaki (with meat, tomato, onion, tzatziki), or as bread for dips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP