- 0.16 litres milk, room temperature
- 0.08 litres water, room temperature
- 1 sachet dry yeast, or about 2 tsp
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves only, optional
- 320 g strong flour
8Recipe is created for
- Place milk, water, yeast, and sugar in Thermomix. 2 min. / 37 degrees / speed 3.
- Add flour, salt, and thyme (if using). 3 min. / /
- Leave it in the Thermomix until it is almost double in size (about 30 min.)
- Remove it from Thermomix, split it in six balls, and with the help of a bit of flour and a roll make six pitas (flat bread).
- Place a frying pan (ideally non-stick) on medium to low fire. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and fry each pita 1-2 minutes each side until it has a nice golden colour.
They can be made in advance and put on the side. When it is time to serve, warm up a frying pan (without oil) and warm each pita in it. If they are too dry (touch them to feel), then wet with a bit of water before warming up in the pan.
Note: Picture By Miyagawa - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=44471027
You may use them for making Greek souvlaki (with meat, tomato, onion, tzatziki), or as bread for dips.
Instead of thyme, you can make variants with other herbs (e.g. rosemary, basil, or tarragon).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Russian Honey cake
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Porridge with Coconut Milk
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni