- 250 g milk
- 1 tablespoon Yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 30 g butter
- 1 egg
- 200 g rice
- 55 g tapioca seeds
- 40 g sorghum flour
- 15 g potato starch
- 15 g cornflour
- 3 teaspoons xanthan/guar gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat milk for 3mins at 37⁰C on speed soft. Set aside and mix with yeast and honey.
Preheat oven to 190⁰C.
Grind rice and tapioca seeds for 1 minute on speed 9.
Add remainder of dry ingredients (flours, gum, baking powder, salt) and any desired flavours such as herbs, parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes etc. Blend on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
Add wet ingredients (egg, butter and mixture of milk/honey/yeast which should have foamed up by now). Mix on speed 6 for 5 seconds, scrape down sides and continue mixing on speed 2 for 30 seconds.
Using your spatula (or your hands if you like but the dough will be quite sticky) scoop out the dough, forming ten fist sized balls and placing them in a lined/greased pie tin.
Sprinkle with additional cheese, herbs etc. if desired and bake at 190⁰C for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Seed flapjacks
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan