- 2 Tblspns linseeds or chia seeds
- 2 Tblspns warm water
- 120 g basmati rice, raw
- 120 g brown rice, raw
- 80 g millet, raw
- 40 g dry chickpeas
- 140 g arrowroot flour (or tapioca starch, or potato starch)
- 40 g mixed seeds (linseeds, pepitas, sunflower seeds)
- 2 tsp dry yeast, (or 1 sachet)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 380 g warm water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60 g extra virgin olive oil, (plus a little more for cooking)
Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
1. Mix linseeds or chia seeds with water in a cup, and leave to soak for a few minutes.
2. Grind brown and basmati rice in Thermomix on speed 9 for 1 minute, or until finely ground. (Tip: Put a piece of kitchen paper towel under the MC to stop the grains from spitting out onto the lid.)
3. Add millet and chickpeas and grind for another minute on speed 9, or until finely ground.
4. Add flour, yeast, seeds and salt and mix on speed 6 for 10 seconds.
5. Add oil and wet ingredients (including linseeds and water) and mix on speed 5-6 for 15 seconds, using spatula to help it along if needed. The mixture should be like a thick cake batter. If it's too runny, add a little more flour.
6. Line three or four pizza trays with baking paper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Divide mixture between the pizza trays and spread each one into a circle with a spatula.
7. Drizzle pizza batter with some extra virgin olive oil, especially around the edges so that they crisp up nicely. Spread with pizza sauce and toppings, and bake in hot oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
You can make 3 or 4 pizzas from this recipe, depending on how thick you like the crust. The thinner it is, the cripier, of course. And if you like it crispy, use plenty of olive oil on the baking paper and drizzled around the edges of the crust.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU