- 60 grams basmati rice
- 50 grams brown rice
- 50 grams arborio rice
- 80 grams quinoa flakes
- 25 grams buckwheat grain
- 25 grams dried chickpeas
- 50 grams Pepita's
- 100 grams arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp himalyan salt
- 20 grams Coconut sugar
- 400 grams Luke Warm Water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 --- egg
- 30 grams coconut oil liquid
This is as close to " Normal Bread" as i have found, its kid tested and approved, please see notes after method for some variations and tips. Don't be put of by the ingredient list- its a very simple recipe.
1. Add to bowl Rice, Quinoa Flakes, buckwheat, dried chickpeas and pepita's - MILL 1 minute speed 9.
2. Add all other ingredients (order doesnt matter )
3. MIX speed 5 for 15 seconds, scrape down sides, then KNEAD 1 min, 30 seconds.
4. This bread batter is exactly that, a batter, it shouldn't be thin , but a very sticky thick batter. Scoop batter into lined loaf tin , you will need to use a wet spatula or your hands to push the batter into the sides of the tin, smooth down the top and allow to sit for 10-15 mins in a warm spot - Once its risen to just over the top bake in oven for approx 50 mins.
I have tested this recipe over the last few weeks with many different variations , you can use all one type of Rice if you like, or all buckwheat , or all chickpeas - you can NOT mill the pepitas if you prefer a grainy bread.
I have made this with cornflour in place of arrowroot and it worked fine. You can replace the coconut sugar with Raw sugar but i feel the sugar is needed to " feed" the yeast.
IF you would like to make bread rolls you can do that too - Simply use wet hands to mould your bread into bread roll shape and place on a lined baking tray, allow to prove slightly and bake as usual . Its a little messy but worth it !
** EGG Allergy ? add 1 tablesoon of Chia seeds that have soaked in 3 tablespoons of water for 15 mins.
Accessories you need
I found the original recipe on the 4blades page - have adapted to suit.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Cranberry Curd
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard