- 600 g white baker's flour
- 325 g warm water
- 2 tsp dried yeast, I use Lowan Instant Dried Yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bread improver
- 2 tsp raw sugar
1. Add ingredients to Thermomix bowl in the order of water, yeast,flour then everything else, whiz for 5 secs on 6
2. Knead for 6 minutes.
2. Allow to rise in the bowl with MC on top. (If you need to use your bowl, then transfer dough to a warm, oiled ceramic or glass bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Leave in a warm humid place to proof.
3. Remove dough from bowl when MC is popping up from the dough pushing it, or after one hour, whichever comes first.
4. Place on Thermomat or bench, divide into 8 and shape into round balls. (if you don't have a large tray, use only 6 of the balls and make scrolls out of the other two, or bake them separately as normal rolls.)
5. Place onto a large greased oven tray with reasonable space in between each ball.
6. Place Thermomat or baking paper on top of rolls.
7. Place another large baking tray on top of the Thermomat and press down gently.
8. Allow to rise for another hour or so in a warm place. When almost ready to bake, preheat oven to 180.
9. Bake the rolls with the other tray still on top, for up to 25 minutes, i personally cook for 15/20 as I like them not too brown or until they sound hollow when tapped.
10. Allow to cool slightly on tray. Remove when sides of rolls have firmed up to the touch to a wire rack to cool.
Accessories you need
Bread Improver is an enzyme based product that increases yeast activation and improves bread texture. It also helps keep bread fresher a bit longer. I use "the Healthy Baker" brand purchased at Coles.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Rainbow cake