- 240 g milk
- 2-3 tbsp rice flour, milled in TM31
- 25 g raw sugar
- 1 sachet dry yeast, or 2 tsp dry yeast
- 230 g water
- 50 g melted butter
- 760 g bakers flour
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp a light oil, such as sunflower or canola for greasing pan
Place milk in TM bowl and heat 3 min/90°C/speed 1. Add the sugar and mix 5 sec/speed 2. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
Place water in TM bowl and heat 1 min 30 sec/50°C/speed 1. The water does not need to reach 50°C. Stop mixing and sprinkle yeast over surface of water and let stand for 10 min.
Add milk, melted butter and 380g of flour to yeast mixture in TM bowl. Mix 15 sec/speed 6. Mixture should be smooth. Add the salt and the rest of the flour and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
Knead 3 min//. Transfer to large clean bowl and let rise overnight at room temperature, covered with lid, Thermomat or damp clean tea towel. Alternatively, you can leave in TM bowl until doubled in size for a quicker rise.
Sprinkle baking paper with rice flour. Lift dough out of bowl and roll out on Thermomat to about 1.5 cm thick. Cut rounds with biscuit cutter or large empty tuna can. Transfer onto baking paper and dust top of muffins with rice flour. Cover and let rise for 30 min.
Heat lightly oiled frying pan or griddle to a medium heat. When moderatly hot, place 4 to 5 muffins in pan and cover for the first 5 min. Cook for a total of 15-20 min, turning over every few minutes until cooked through. The base and top should be golden brown. Transfer cooked muffins into dry tea towel whilst cooking the remainder.
Split or pull apart while still warm and enjoy toasted (or not) with butter and jam or marmalade. Use with poached eggs, shaved ham and Hollandaise sauce to make the ultimate Eggs Benedict.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way