- 650 grams strong white bread flour
- 60 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice
- 75 grams butter, cold from fridge
- 400 grams milk
- 30 grams fresh yeast, or 2 tsp dry/instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 200 grams sultanas/raisins/cranberries, any mix of dried fruit
- 120 grams plain flour
- 100 grams water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
2h 20minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Measure flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, mixed spice and butter into the TM bowl. Mix 5 sec/sp 8 and set contents asside.
- Add milk to bowl and heat 3 min/37°C/sp 1.
- Add yeast and teaspoon of sugar to warmed milk and mix 5 sec/ sp 3. Then warm mixture 5 min/37°C/sp 2.
- Add premeasured flour mixture to bowl and add egg. Mix batter 7 sec/sp 7.
- With MC on lid, weigh the sultanas/dried fruit onto the lid.
- Knead mixture 3 mins/.
- Remove MC and add dried fruit to mixture through lid. Knead again 1 min/.
- Set dough batter asside in a clean, greased bowl. Cover with Clingfilm or a clean cloth. Place in a warm place and allow to prove fort 1 hour (about double in size) and clean mixing bowl.
- Return mixture to bowl and knead 4 mins/.
- Onto a floured surface, remove dough from bowl and shape. Divide dough into 24 even sized portions. Lightly knead each portion into a well shaped ball and place them close together on a greased baking dish (our small roasting tin worked perfectly).
- Cover with Clingfilm or clean cloth and place in a warm location to prove again for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is having it's second prove, mis the paste for the crosses. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. Place in piping bag ready for decorating. Preheat oven to 200°C.
- When buns have risen to 1.5 times their size, pipe with crosses and then place in oven for 20 mins.
- We prefer our buns unglazed, however, if you like a shiny finish then mix the water and sugar together and brush the sugar syrup over the buns whilst still hot from the oven.
- Place flour, water, salt and oil into bowl and mix 15 sec/sp 4. Alternatively the ingredients can be mixed together using the traditional bowl and spoon method.
- Add water and sugar to bowl and heat 2 mins/100°C/sp 4.
Paste for Crosses
Accessories you need
We use a small roasting dish (30x22x7 cm) to ensure the final raise goes up and fluffy. We've tested this 5 times befote posting. This is a genuine step by step easy recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Buttermilk whitebread loaf
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Greek souvlaki pita bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Vegan Banana Pancakes
- Icetea Sirup Cherry
- Buttermilk whitebread loaf
- Olive Bread with Mediterranean herbs
- Philadelphia cheese
- Sugar Free Plain Yoghurt
- Chorizo Risotto
- Tomato Ketchup - Sugar Free
- The Best Boozy Chilli Con Carne
- Fat and Gluten Free Pepper Steak Sauce
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake