- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 g butter, Chilled and cubed
- 180 g milk
Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place flour, salt and butter in mixing bowl. Mix 10 sec/speed 6 or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Add milk and knead 30 sec//.
Transfer to a lightly floured surface or ThermoMat and shape into a 17cm round. Cut a deep cross in the dough and lightly brush with milk.
Bake for 30 min in preheated oven or until golden and hollow sounding when tapped on top.
Can be frozen for up to 1 month. Variations: Add 100 g grated cheese to the mixture before adding the milk and sprinkle with a little extra cheese before baking. I also add 2 tablespoons of chives or parsley. If you want it to be sweet, add 2 tablespoons golden syrup and 2 tablespoons caster sugar to the mixture with the milk. The milk can be replaced with beer - this makes it lighter and fluffier.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary