- 40g almonds
- 350g bakers flour
- 150g dried fruit and nuts
- 25g raw sugar
- 1 lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175g milk
- 50g butter
- 120g almonds
- 150g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 5g lemon juice
- 5g dry sherry
Put the lemon rind into the bowl and chop speed 9/12 secs.
Add the almonds and chop speed 7/7 secs.
Add the flour and butter and mix speed 6/ 7 secs to look like breadcrumbs.
Add all the other ingredients and mix on speed 5/10 secs/ reverse to make a dough.
Knead for 3 mins .
Leave to rise until double its size (1.5 hours ...)
Once it has risen, knock it back and roll into a square shape and brush with melted butter.
Place the almond paste roll in the middle and fold the dough around it making a sausage shape.
Put into a cold oven - turn on the oven to 190 degrees and cook for 40 minutes or until you can hear knocking when you tap the bottom ....
Sprinkle with icing suger for a festive look !!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding
- Cheese and bacon pastries
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Chocolate Mousse
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way