- 250 g bakers flour
- 250 g wholemeal flour
- (if you would prefer, you could obviously use 500 g of bakers flour only rather than my version)
- 1 heaped tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 150 g raw sugar
- 500 ml Mik
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (if your oven is temperamental like mine, you might need to adjust this and work somewhere between 180 and 200 degrees)
put all ingredients into TM bowl and mix for 6-10 sec on speed 6 (this is a very dense dough so you might need a little extra help from your spatula during this process)
put the speed dial on 'closed lid position' and knead the dough for 2 mins on interval speed (again, you might need to use your spatula through the hole of your lid to facilitate this process)
Put the dough into a bread tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins up to 1hr and 30 mins (this will depend on your oven, just 'test' the bread by inserting a cake skewer or knife which should come out dry)
My children love this bread for their morning tea/afternoon tea at home, warm, straight out of the oven, or, alternatively, also as recess at school with a simple topping like butter or cream cheese (or a bit of honey for those with an extra sweet tooth!).
Accessories you need
If you find that the top of the bread goes too crusty/burnt too quickly, wrap some aluminium foil around your bread after about half of the cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU