- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 75 grams Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 500 grams bakers flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 300 grams buttermilk
- 75 grams butter, softened
- 20 grams baking powder
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Preheat the oven to 220 celsius
1. Add onion to the TM bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 8. Set aside
2. Add cheese to the TM bowl and grate 5 seconds/speed 8. Set aside with the onion.
3. Without cleaning the bowl, add the flour, salt, buttermilk, butter and baking powder to the bowl and mix 6 seconds/speed 6 to combine.
4. Knead the dough for 1.5 minutes/, adding the cheese and onion mix with 30 seconds to go.
5. Turn the dough out onto a thermomat or lightly floured surface, shape into a ball and then flatten with your hand until approx 5cm/2 inches thick.
6. Cut a deep cross into the dough and dust with a little flour
7. Bake for 30 minutes, then serve warm
You can make plain soda bread by omitting the onion and cheese
This is a Paul Hollywood recipe that I converted for the thermomix
This is a great recipe to use up the buttermilk left over from making butter
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Easy Hot Cross Buns
- Soft Fluffy White Bread
- Rye Bread
- Polish Bread in pot / casserole
- Sourdough Bread
- Pink beetroot bread
- Jumbo Loaf White Bread
- PALEO BANANA BREAD
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Victoria Sponge
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- JEAN's OWN VEGETABLE SOUP
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken