- 300 grams Self Raising Flour
- 20 grams raw sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 grams butter, Chilled and cut in cubes
- 200 grams buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees (fanforced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place self raising flour, sugar, salt and butter in to TM bowl.
10 seconds/speed 6 or until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add buttermilk /1 minute/ or until dough comes together. Lightly flour the bench top and empty the dough out.
4. Work the dough until it comes together and roll out to about 3cm thick. Use a glass or round cookie cutter to cut out circles around 4cm and place on prepared trays. Repeating this until all dough as been used up.
5. Bake for approx 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Basic Buttermilk Scones
Accessories you need
TIP: you can also use a larger size cookie cutter if you would like but you may need to increase the cooking time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese