- 180 g buttermilk
- 200 g water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast, (see tips)
- 20 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 g baker's flour, plus extra for dusting
- Mixed seeds, for sprinkling
Place buttermilk, water and yeast into mixing bowl and heat 3 min/37°C/speed 1. Meanwhile, grease a deep-sided loaf tin (approx. 25 x 10 x 11 cm) and set aside.
Add salt and baker's flour and mix 6 sec/speed 6. Knead 3 min/.
Transfer dough onto a silicone bread mat or floured work surface and work into a ball. Wrap dough in silicone bread mat or place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel. Leave to prove in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 30 minutes).
Preheat oven to 200°C. Knock down dough, then transfer into prepared loaf tin. Leave to prove for a further 20-30 minutes.
Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with mixed seeds and bake for 45 minutes (200°C) or until golden brown. Bread should sound hollow when tapped on the underside of loaf.
Allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before transferring into a sealable container until ready to use.
This bread is ideal for toasting
Substitute 2 tsp dried instant yeast with 20 g fresh yeast
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Watermelon drink
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine