- 280 g water
- 2 tsp Yeast
- 150 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 400 g white spelt flour, (I buy unbleached white)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp natural bread improver, see tip under recipe
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 20 g macadamia oil, or oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp chia, mixed with 6 tbs water, see tip
- 40 g linseeds (optional)
Place water into the bowl and heat for 2 minutes, 37 deg, sp 1, or until the "37" light stops flashing and stays solid.
Carefully add in the yeast around the blades and combine on speed 2 for 3 seconds.
Add remaining ingredients in the order they are listed.
Set to closed lid and knead for 4 minutes, then move the dough onto your breadmat or an oiled bowl. The dough will be quite sticky and hard to work with. Don't add more flour. Wrap in the mat, or cover the bowl with cling wrap and place somewhere warm for its first rise. Leave it until it doubles in size, then oil your hands (so the dough doesn't stick to you). Punch the air out of it and shape it into a loaf and place into your bread tin, then cover and leave it somewhere warm to again double in size. Please note, this dough would probably not be good as a free form loaf, as it is so moist and it would probably just become a large flat mess. When your loaf has doubled in size, place into your cold oven. Turn the oven on to 200 deg (fan forced) and cook for 30 minutes, or until ready.
All About Bread sells a great natural bread improver, as does Demeter Farm Mills.
You need to mix the chia with the water in a small glass before you start making the dough. By the time it's time to add it, it will have formed a gel - this only takes a couple of minutes.
This recipe also works well with the full amount of flour being white, rather than a mix of wholemeal and white.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Easy "Roast" Chicken & Veg
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Thermomix Lemon Cod with anchovies
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way