- 2 litres Full fat unhomogenised milk
- 2 level tablespoons Full fat milk powder (optional)
- 1 Rennet tablet
- 50 mls (1/2 MC),non-chlorinated water
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Thoroughly clean all equipment.
Place milk and milk powder in mixing bowl. Heat for 10 minutes at 45C on speed 3, or until milk reaches 45C.
Dilute rennet tablet with non-chlorinated water.
Once milk has reached 45C, add diluted rennet tablet on speed 3 for 30 seconds.
Pour immediately into warmed Thermoserver and quickly secure lid, and leave for 45-60 minutes until a firm set. Place a clean towel over lid to keep warm.
When the curd has set, cut into 1cm cubes, then stir curds gently for 10 minutes until curds are significantly smaller and slightly springy. Scoup the curd into a cheesecloth lined simmer basket to drain. Reserve the whey.
Fill a freezer bag with 1 litre water and tie a knot in the top. Place this onto the curd covered with cheese cloth as a weight for 30 minutes until the curd is firm.
Cut the curd into desired size pieces. Place sliced halloumi into a pot of simmering water until they float, approx 5 minutes. Remove and drain on absorbant paper, sprinkle with salt.
Quickly fry halloumi both sides in a lightly oiled pan until golden, and serve immediately.
After the curd has been cooked in the simmering water, drained and salted, it can be wrapped and frozen, or refrigerated for up to 2 weeks, before frying to serve.
Use the reserved whey in place of liquid in pizza dough, bread dough, smoothies, soup, casseroles, curries or just drink, as it is loaded with nutrients and flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chocolate pear cake
- Butternut squash and bacon soup
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread