- 460 grams bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 70 grams rice bran oil
- 310 grams warm water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place all ingredients in the TM Bowl and mix 10 seconds speed 5 to combine. Knead for 6 minutes to create a smooth dough.
Divide dough immediately into 16 balls and leave on a silicone mat for at least 30 minutes uncovered to form a skin
Roll out one at a time until very thin and cook in a hot dry pan 30 to 60 seconds a side.
Cool and store in ziplock bags and use as needed.
To make the dough:
Leaving the raw tortilla dough to form a textured skin is essential to get large thin soft wraps.
The wraps can be stored once cool in the fridge for a week or the freezer for upto 3 months.
These wraps are just like old el paso but with no nasty additives or preservatives.Use in the same way.
The flour in the wraps can be swapped to create variations such as corn tortillas or gf buckwheat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese