- 8 cloves garlic, (you can use more or less, personal preference)
- 400 grams extra virgin olive oil, (this is only an estimate)
Peel the skin off the garlic cloves
Place all garlic cloves in to the thermomix bowl and cover with olive oil. The 400 gram amount is only an estimate.
Cook it for 20 minutes varoma at reverse soft speed If you want a stronger garlic flavour you can cook it for longer, but do not exceed 35 minutes.
Let the oil cool to room temperature. Remove the garlic cloves and pour the oil in to an airtight glass or container.
** Avoid rinsing or soaking the garlic in water before you peel it. While some people do this to loosen the skin it will put the garlic at risk for developing a bacteria that could contaiminate your oil.
** Although rare garlic in oil can cause botulism, therefore the Food & Drug Administration recomments you use this oil within 2 weeks to avoid bacteria such as botulism or salmonella
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Chicken curry
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Variation Chicken Enchiladas
- Curried sweet potato soup
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)
- Tomato and red pepper soup
- Broccoli and Quinoa Risotto with pan seared Chicken
- Asian Pesto
- Pennette with saffron and prawns