- 1 litres full cream milk
- 250 g buttermilk
- 50 g lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt, to taste
Add milk to jug. Heat to 80° C Speed 3 approx 7 minutes. Once it reaches the temperature move to step 2.
Start stirring , add buttermilk, then lemon juice through the lid and stir for 1 minute.
Remove lid and stand for 10 minutes.
Place steamer basket over a bowl and place 2 chux, or some cheesecloth inside to strain the cheese. You could also use a nut milk bag if you have one. Slowly pour the curds into the cloth. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Remove cheese from cloth and return to Thermomix jug. Add salt to taste and 30 secs. Place in ramekin and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
Can be used for savoury dips and spreads by adding olive oil, pepper & herbs.
If using for sweet dishes, you may choose not to add the salt.
I have converted the recipe from the following site.
If the curds do not separate, add more lemon juice. I needed to use more lemon juice than the original recipe stated.
Don't throw the whey out. You can use it instead of buttermilk in baking.
Alternatively, dilute it with water and use it to water your plants.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Quiche (Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Low FODMAP)
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Beetroot Gazpacho
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way