- 450 g - 500 g water
- 450 g - 500 g frozen grated coconut
Partially defrost coconut by leaving it on the bench for 30 minutes.
2. Place water into mixing bowl and bring to the boil 6 min/100°C/speed 2.
3. Break up coconut and add to the mixing bowl through hole in mixing bowl lid. Then with MC in place, blend 20 sec/speed 10, gradually increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 10.
5. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, or muslin-lined sieve, into a heat proof bowl and allow to drain. Press any remaining coconut with the back of a spoon to push through any remaining liquid. Discard remaining coconut and allow liquid to cool to room temperature.
6. As the liquid cools, the cream will rise to surface leaving the thinner milk down the bottom of the bowl. Place milk and cream into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 3 before using in a recipe.
If you are not using the coconut cream straight away, place into the refrigerator once cooled to store up to six hours. Discard any unused fresh coconut cream after six hours.
This recipe is used in the Balinese Prawn Curry by Russell Blaikie, see Recipe Community.
Don't leave your coconut out for more than one hour, as it will ferment very quickly at room temperature and will need to be discarded.
The flavour of coconut cream made in your Thermomix will give your curry an amazingly fresh and authentic flavour.
Russell uses Thermomix in all master classes at Must Winebar. To view the latest events click here.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU