- 1 egg, No need to separate
- 2 tsp mustard, Try different ones (I like wholegrain!)
- 1 tbsp vinegar, Experiment (I like white wine vinegar due to its tang!)
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125 g Grapeseed Oil
- 125 g extra light olive oil, (full strength is too strong!)
8Recipe is created for
ALL INGREDIENTS MUST BE AT ROOM TEMPERATURE!
Add the egg, mustard, vinegar, honey and salt to the TM bowl ensuring that they are all at room temperature. Insert BUTTERFLY. Place the lid onto the bowl (without the MC) and turn on the scales.
Place a small jug on top of the TM lid and weigh in your oils. Remove the jug with oils and place MC into its spot on the lid (upside down)
With blades rotating at SPEED 4 and MC in place, slowly drizzle the oil onto the lid (note: blades must be turning before you begin putting the oil in). Add oil at a steady pace - not too slowly or quickly. Take 3-4 minutes to add oil.
You should now have perfect mayonnaise!
Don't be afraid to experiment with different vinegars and mustards. You could also try different oils but make sure they are mild tasting. Your mayo will keep in the fridge for anywhere between 2-8 weeks depending on how fresh your eggs are. The fresher the egg, the longer it will keep so try to collect eggs straight from a chook run! Yum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese