- 225 g butter, unsalted, (salted is fine)
- 225 g caster sugar, (golden caster gives a better flavour)
- 4 eggs
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped tablespoons Strawberry jam, (add more or less to suit your taste)
- 113 g butter, unsalted, (salted is also fine)
- 56 g icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 170°C
Grease and base-line two 20cm, loose bottomed, round baking tins
Place butter and sugar in mixing bowl and cream together on speed 4 for 20 secs.
Scrape down sides if required
Add butterfly whisk
Add eggs and flour and whisk on speed 4 for 1 minute
Divide mixture between tins and bake for around 25 minutes or until golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean
Leave the cakes in the tins for 5 minutes to cool, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Place the butter, icing sugar and essence into the mixing bowl
Cream together on speed 4 for 10 seconds
Scrape down the sides and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds
Mixture should be a thick but spreadable consistency. If not then add a dash of milk and remix.
Turn cooled cakes upside-down
Spread jam over one cake and buttercream over the other
Sandwhich cakes together
Dust top with icing sugar
For the sponge
For the filling
1 tsp of baking powder and bicarbonate of soda can be added for an extra rise, but this can affect the flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Seed flapjacks
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy fruit loaf
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk