- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 medium sized pears, peeled and sliced into eighths
- 150 grams butter
- 200 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
8Recipe is created for
Place the 50g butter and 100g brown sugar into the Thermomix for 4 minutes at 100 on speed 1 (so its nice and bubbly).
Pour into a 22cm tin with baking paper on the bottom, then place the pears onto the caramel in a circular pattern.
Beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes on Speed 5 til light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, through the hole in the lid, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. Then add the ginger, and then the flour and baking powder. Turn on to speed 4 and the moment you see (by looking through the hole in the lid) that the flour is combined turn it off. Spoon over pears carefully to not disturb the pattern.
Bake in a pre heated 180 degree oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Rest for 5 minutes then invert on to a serving plate, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Always be careful not to beat the flour for a moment longer than it needs - that is sometimes why the cake doesn't rise and isn't as fluffy as you would like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Rainbow cake
- Cauliflower Soup
- Condensed milk biscuits