- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt, (leave out if using salted butter)
- 120 g buttermilk, (normal whole milk is also fine)
- 40 g Dried Fruit, (e.g. sultanas)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 220'C.
- Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and salt into the mixing bowl. Insert measuring cup. Turbo 1 sec / 4-5 times
- Carefully measure and pour in the buttermilk, measuring into the measuring cup if you're worried you might overpour. (If you don't have buttermilk you can just use normal milk). Mix 5 sec / speed 5
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and measure in the dried fruit and knead/ 30 sec /
- Tip the dough out onto the baking tray. Shape into a circle approx 1" thick and cut out triangle segments (approx 8 pieces). If using a scone cutter be careful not to overwork the dough or it will lose it's light fluffy texture.
- Separate the pieces and brush with milk or egg yolk. (I forgot in the pic that's why mine look so pale!). Bake 12-15mins. Smaller scones will cook quicker - check by knocking underneath and it will make a hollow sound when done.
- Serve with fresh cream, jam or butter.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Return my Ex-Lover-Get Married To Your Lover +27731989448 Sangoma in Pretoria-Kempton Park-Vryheid- Germiston-Chatsworth-Durban-Butteworth-Welkom-Mthataha
- CARAMELITAS (SALTED CARAMEL FLAPJACKS)
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Valrhona Cookies
- Nutella Crepes
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies