- 225 g self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt, (leave out if using salted butter)
- 120 g buttermilk, (normal whole milk is also fine)
- 40 g Dried Fruit, (e.g. sultanas)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 220'C.
- Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, butter and salt into the mixing bowl. Insert measuring cup. Turbo 1 sec / 4-5 times
Carefully measure and pour in the buttermilk, measuring into the measuring cup if you're worried you might overpour. (If you don't have buttermilk you can just use normal milk). Mix 5 sec / speed 5
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and measure in the dried fruit and knead/ 30 sec /
- Tip the dough out onto the baking tray. Shape into a circle approx 1" thick and cut out triangle segments (approx 8 pieces). If using a scone cutter be careful not to overwork the dough or it will lose it's light fluffy texture.
- Separate the pieces and brush with milk or egg yolk. (I forgot in the pic that's why mine look so pale!). Bake 12-15mins. Smaller scones will cook quicker - check by knocking underneath and it will make a hollow sound when done.
- Serve with fresh cream, jam or butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Russian Honey cake
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Nutella Crepes
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Redcurrant /whitecurrant jelly
- Sweet Light Scones