- 300 g carrots, Roughly Chopped
- 3 level teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200 gram butter, Cubed
- 5 eggs, Room temperature, Medium sized
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 200 g hazelnuts, You can also use almonds or walnuts if thats what you have in the cupboard
- 150 g sugar, Caster, Dark Brown Soft, etc
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 °C / gas mark 4
Grease your sponge tin. line the base.
- Grind Nuts, 20 secs / speed 9 - 10. Place ground nut powder in a separate bowl Do not wash bowl.
- Grate Carrots 10 secs / speed 5. Place grated Carrots in a separate bowl. Do not wash bowl.
- Add butter & sugar to 2 mins / 100 °c / speed 2.
- Add Eggs. Mix 15 sec / speed 3.5
- Add Flour, Nuts, Mixed Spice, Bicarbonate of Soda. Mix together 60 secs / Speed 4.
- Fold the grated Carrots into your using your spatula. Tip mixture into prepared sponge tin.
- Bake the cake near the centre of the oven for 60 minutes until they are springy and firm in the centre.
Accessories you need
I use a 26 cm sponge tin.
After 30 minutes of baking I normally cover the top of the cake loosely with a cut out of baking paper so that the top doesnt darken too much.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Redcurrant /whitecurrant jelly
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)
- Lemon Meringue Pie - Gluten Free & Lactose Free & Soya Free & Nut Free
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite