- 140 g golden syrup
- 100 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 125 g cold butter, diced
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 310 g milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 pears (peeled, cored and diced), You can used tinned pears also
8Recipe is created for
Cook butter, golden syrup and sugar on 90c, 5 minutues, speed 2
Add dry ingredients, milk & egg, mix speed 4, for 4-5 seconds (until dry flour is just combined, don't be tempted to over mix as this will keep it light and fluffy)
Add pear pieces, mix reverse speed 2, 3 seconds
Line a square cake tin with baking paper, add mixture and bake 180c for 60 mins or until cooked (test with a wooden skewer, it is ready when it comes out clean)
Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack until cold
This tastes amazing warm or at room temperature, and tastes great with a dollop of sour cream or natural yoghurt (made in the Thermomix of course!) Always tastes better the next day!!
For a richer flavour, use 70g golden syrup and 70g of treacle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Homemade Baileys
- Condensed milk biscuits