- 60 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 lemon, thin peelings of skin only
- 130 g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 130 g self-raising flour
- 15 g milk
- 60 g lemon juice
- 800 g water
- 50 g lemon juice
- 25 g water
- 75 g light brown sugar
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Grease a savarin ring mould (Ø21cm). Line bottom of mould with baking paper (see tip) then grease baking paper and sprinkle base and walls of tin with brown sugar.
- Place lemon peel and sugar in mixing bowl then grind 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and eggs then mix 30 sec/speed 3.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add baking powder, flour, milk and lemon juice then mix 30 sec/speed 4. Pour mixture into prepared mould and cover tightly with cling film. Place mould in Varoma dish. Clean mixing bowl.
- Place water in mixing bowl and place covered Varoma into position. Steam 45 min/Varoma/speed 1. Carefully remove mould from Varoma and discard cling film then, turnout onto a serving plate while hot. Empty mixing bowl.
- Place lemon juice, water and sugar in mixing bowl. With simmering basket instead of measuring cup on mixing bowl lid, reduce 10 min/120°C/speed 2. Pour over steamed cake and serve while still hot.
Prepare the template for lining the mould by cutting a circle of Ø18 cm and cut out another circle in the centre of Ø8 cm .
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU