- 110 g Brown sugar
- 75 g cream
- 75 g butter, (salted if you have some in the fridge - if not unsalted is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt
- 200 g butter
- 200 g chocolate, (I use milk cooking chocolate, but you can substitute with dark if you prefer)
- 80 g Brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 60 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
Place all ingredients into the Tmx bowl and cook 8 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 2.
Pour sauce into a bowl or jug and put into the fridge. It will look quite runny, don’t worry, it will thicken as it cools. Let it cool in the fridge while you prepare the brownie mixture - wait until the colour changes to a lighter brown and it is quite thick.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a lamington tin with baking paper. Extend the paper above the sides to make it easier to remove the brownie after cooking.
Melt the chocolate, butter and sugar in the Tmx for 3 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 1.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix speed 3, 30 seconds.
Add flour and cocoa and mix again at speed 3 until just combined (about 10 seconds)
Pour into prepared tin (the mixture is very runny)
Use approx a third of the caramel and drip/drop/drizzle it over the top of the brownie mixture. I also add some extra salt ground on to the top of the mix before baking (because I really like the salty taste - you can skip this though).
Bake for 25 minutes or until JUST set. Don’t be tempted to overcook it, leave it in the oven just long enough so that the cake tester comes out clean but the brownie is still soft and gooey.
Once it comes out of the oven drizzle another third of the caramel over the top while it is still warm.
Let cool in the tin before cutting into squares to serve. Serve with the remainder of the sauce drizzled on the top of each slice and extra salt flakes. Use as much or as little caramel as you like - it is very rich so small squares are plenty!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan