- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 180 g sugar
- 180 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 150 g fresh or frozen raspberries
Preheat oven to 190°C.
Place chocolate, butter and sugar into mixing bowl and melt for 5 min/60°C/speed 2. Don't be concerned if the sugar doesn't dissolve, just make sure the chocolate and butter have melted.
Add flour, a pinch of salt and eggs and mix for 15 sec/speed 4.
Pour into a lined 20cm round cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the edges have come away from the sides of the tin and a skewer tests almost clean.
Garnish with raspberries before serving.
Rich Chocolate Cake
This cake is best eaten cold as it almost sets when it is cooling to a fudgy interior and chewy sugary crust. Just lovely.
Dust with icing sugar or top with chocolate icing to serve. This cake is wonderful as a rich, decadent dessert cake.
Use any flour you like. Self raising flour for a lighter cake, plain flour for a denser cake, gluten free flour for people with allergies or spelt flour for the extra protein.Use any sugar you like. I've used white sugar and rapadura sugar in this recipe and both work well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Watermelon drink
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Green Goosberry Jam
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Summer Pudding