- 175 grams butter, unsalted, softenend
- 175 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, natural
- 3 eggs, medium
- 175 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 grams rhubarb, cut in 2cm lenghts
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 250 grams creamy soft cheese
- 3 tablespoons Rhubarb and Ginger Conserve, Waitrose
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180*C, gas mark 4.
Grease and line base of 2 x 18cm sandwich tins.
Make the filling.
Line a baking tray with baking parchment and scatter with the rhubarb in a single layer. Sprinkle with 2 tbsps of the sugar and bake for 20 mins until tender. Leave to cool.
Make the Cake.
Put the broken eggs into Thermomix bowl and beat 3 secs / Sp 4
Add sugar, butter and vanilla essence. Mix 40 secs / Sp 7
Add butterfly whisk. 3 mins /Sp 4
Add the flour and baking powder. Mix Sp. 3-4 in bursts of 3 secs.
Scrape down sides with spatula and mix again.
Divide mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 25-30 mins.
Remove from oven and leave to cool in tin for about 5 mins before turning out.
In a bowl, beat by hand the cream cheese with remaining 2 tbsps caster sugar.
Blend the rhubarb preserve with 2 tsp. boiling water.
Spread the cream cheese over one of the cakes, arrange the cooled rhubarb on top and drizzle with the preserve.
Place the second cake on top and lightly dust with caster sugar to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Nutella Crepes
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Seed flapjacks
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)