- 30 g dark chocolate
- 200 g sugar, or icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 10 g butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g butter
- 90 g water
- 1/2 tsp salt, or not if salted butter
- 1 litre milk
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 80 g cornflour
1h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place flour, butter, water and salt in bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 6. Remove pastry and form 3 balls, flatten sides to make more square. Roll in cling film and place in refrigerator for 20 mins
- Place on baking paper and tray, and cover with baking paper.
- Prick pastry with fork all over then place a second baking tray, ON top of baking paper and cook in oven at 200 degrees for 15 mins. (to avoid pastry rising). amend temperature as required according to your oven. Pastry must be dark golden brown.
- While the Pastry is in the fridge. Put eggs, cornflour, milk, vanilla extract and sugar into bowl and 8 min / 90 deg / sp 4.
- Place cling film in baking tray and pour creme patissiere into baking tray to cool. Cover with cling film and seal (to prevent it from drying).
- Once pastry and creme patissiere have cooled down. Cut the 3 pastries to same size and shape (use ruler).
- On top of 1 layer of puff pastry, apply half the quantity of creme patissiere. You can spoon it over or pipe it, as wished. Then flatten and even the layer with spatula.
- Apply 2nd layer of pastry and apply 2nd layer of creme patissiere (there should be none left)
- Apply last layer of pastry.
- Place sugar in bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 10
- Insert egg white and combine 1 min/speed 4
- In the meantime melt the chocolate abd butter in a small bowl in the microwave .
- Spread the icing over the millefeuille.
Quick puff pastry
Assembling the millefeuille
Icing and decoration
I prepared the pastry and creme patissiere, and assembled them the day before and refrigerated. And did the icing on the day.
When nice and cold it cuts beautifully.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Russian Honey cake
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Porridge with Coconut Milk
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni