- 100 g butter
- 250 g milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 460 g sugar, (OMG!!!)
- 290 g plain flour
- 65 g cocoa
- 1.5 teaspoons Bi-Carb
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 230 g boiling water
- 200 g icing sugar
- 75 g butter, at room temp
- 30 g cocoa
- 150 g cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 180°C. (My oven runs a bit cool so I cooked on 190°C)
Grease up 2 x 20cm cake pans. (I used 2 x rectangle pyrex dishes about 15 x 20cm) OR 1 x large pan.
Melt butter for 1 min / 60°C / speed 2 or until completely melted.
Add milk, eggs & vanilla extract. Mix 3 seconds / speed 3.
Add remaining cake ingredients - EXCEPT water. Mix 20 seconds / speed 4. Mix will be THICK.
Add boiling water. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4. Scrape sides & bottom of bowl - cake was thick, so make sure you get anything that's been stuck on the bowl.
Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
Pour into oiled pans and cook 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Leave in pan 10 minutes, then carefully turn out and allow to cool completely before icing.
Add icing sugar, butter, cocoa & vanilla to the bowl.
Mix 5 seconds / speed 6, or until mixture comes together.
Add cubed cream cheese and mix speed 7 / 10 - 15 seconds, or until combined and motor takes off!
Put in butterfly and mix 2 minutes / speed 4.
Ice cakes as required and decorate!
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Watermelon drink
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)