- 40 ml gelatine
- 62 ml cold water
- 185 ml boiling water
- 400 gm castor sugar
- 1 ml cream of tartar
- 1 egg white
- 2 ml vanilla essence or essence of choice
- 2 cups (plain or toasted) coconut
5h 0minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking
1) Make sure butterfly is in place in the bowl
2) Add castor sugar, egg white and cream of tartart into bowl
3) In a separate medium sized bowl, soak gelatine with 62ml cold water
4) Allow to sponge (one minute)
5) Add boiling water and stir until dissolved (I used a mini hand whisk)
6) Now add this gelatine mix into the bowl
7) Set time to 10 mins and beat on speed 4 – I used 37 degrees.
My recipe did not reference a temperature – would have been beaten at room temperature.
2 mins from the end of beating - add essence and colour if you wish (gel colours work best)
9) Mixture will be ready when it forms a sticky peak when you touch it
10) Pour mixture into a slightly greased tin (I used a spray).
11) Leave mix to set at room temperature for about 1 hour +
12) Cut with a boiling hot knife to give a clean finish.
If the knife is not hot enough it will be lumpy when cut.
Dust / roll pieces in coconut.
Gorgeous fluffy marshmallow
Make sure the tray you will be pouring marshmallow in is ready just before you end beating.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU