- 120 grams butter
- 100 grams Brown sugar
- 130 grams golden syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 370 grams plain flour
- 1 egg white
- 150 grams icing sugar
- food colouring of choice
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Place syrup, sugar, butter, mixed spice and ginger into mixing bowl and mix 5 min/50 C/speed 2.
Add egg and mix 3 sec/speed 3.
Add flour and bicarb and mix 10 sec/speed 5 until combined.
Knead 2 min//.
Press dough into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
Place the dough on a sheet of baking paper and roll out until about 4mm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Place on trays about 3cm apart. Repeat with any excess dough.
Bake for 8 -10 minutes, transfer onto cooling rack with an egg slide.
Place Butterfly in a cleaned, dry bowl and place egg white inside.
Beat for 3 mins/50 degrees/speed 4.
Continuing at speed 4, gradually add icing sugar through the hole in the lid.
Add food colouring if desired, and mix at speed 4 until colour is uniform.
Pour icing into a sandwich-sized zip lock bag, and snip one corner off to pipe the icing onto the men.
Accessories you need
Allowing the dough to cool in the fridge means it will hold together better when you cut out the shapes.
This recipe is an adaption of a recipe from Australian Good Taste - December 2003 , Page 40, and I used "Bec's Gingerbread Dough" as a guide for the method.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk