- 375 grams citrus fruit, we used pink grapefruit
- 6 eggs, large
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 250 grams ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place citrus fruits, whole, into a saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 hours. Remove whole fruit from water and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
Halve the cooled fruits and remove any pips. Add to mixing bowl and chop 7 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add eggs, sugar, ground almonds and baking powder to mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 5.
Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or when a skewer comes out clean.
NB - check the cake after 40 minutes as you may need to cover with foil/baking paper to ensure the top does not burn.
- Remove from oven and place tin on rack. Allow cake to cool completely before turning out onto a cake stand or plate.
Accessories you need
We served our cake with candied rind but this cake is wonderful served all on its own or with a simple dollop of creme fraiche.
This recipe is based on Nigella's famous Clementine Cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Seed flapjacks
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cookies