- 175 g unsalted butter
- 175 g plain flour
- 75 g Unrefined Caster Sugar
- 85 g Fine Semolina
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all the ingredients into the bowl and knead for 2 minutes,
- Place dough into a lightly greased rectangular tin, 11 in x 7 in. Don't worry if it looks very crumbly. Press into an even layer and mark out portions with a knife (I divide into 6 across the width and 3 along the length, to give 18 portions). Prick with a fork and then bake in oven for one hour
- When shortbread comes out of oven, cut into the finger portions while still soft enough and then leave to cool on a wire rack, before eating or storing in a tin
Adapted from Delia Smith's Book of Cakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Seed flapjacks
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)