- 100 g butter, cut into cubes
- 80 g honey
- 90 g Brown sugar
- 80 g pitted dates
- 200 g rolled oats
- 20 g poppyseeds
- 30 g white chia seeds
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch salt flakes
Preheat oven to 140 degrees/Gas Mark 2.
Place the butter, honey and brown sugar in the TM bowl and melt for 6 minutes/Varoma/speed 2 to form a light, sticky caramel.
Add the dates and chop for 4 seconds/speed 5. Add the rolled oats, poppyseeds, white chia seeds, cinnamon and salt flakes. Mix for 10 seconds/speed 3.
Line a baking tray of about 20cm x 25cm with baking paper, and press in the mixture. It’s sticky so I use another sheet of baking paper on top to smooth it out.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. The slice will be soft when you remove it from the oven but will set as it cools. Slice into squares and store in an airtight container.
There’s lots to like about these snack bars. They’re easy, adaptable (use other seeds or fruit) and free from nuts, making them lunch-box friendly. They’re extra delicious because the sugar, honey and butter are slightly caramelised.
Don’t save this one for the kids!
This and other great recipes are available in my cookbook: In the Mix 2: More Great Thermomix Recipes. Click here to find out more and purchase your copy.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Chocolate pear cake
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Seed flapjacks
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)