- 155 g plain flour
- 110 g rolled oats
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bi-carb soda
- 100 g raw sugar
- 80 g Brown sugar
- 170 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 X 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 finely grated lemon zest (approximately 1 lemon)
- 80 g lemon juice (approx 2 small lemons)
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp Lemon extract
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 170°C (160°C if fan forced).
Grease and line a 17 x 28cm slice tray with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
Melt the butter and vanilla in the TM bowl for 40 seconds, Speed 2, 50 degrees. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Melt for a further 1 minute, Speed 2, 50 degrees.
Add the plain flour, rolled oats, salt, bi-carb soda, brown sugar and raw sugar.
Mix for 20 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2. Scrape down the sides.
Mix for a further 20 seconds on Reverse, Speed 2.
Spread half of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and press firmly into an even layer.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and put aside (leave the oven turned on).
Place the zest of 1 lemon into the TM bowl.
Grate for 20 seconds on Speed 6. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Repeat steps 11-12 until you have a very finely grated zest.
Add the condensed milk, lemon juice, egg yolks and lemon extract and mix for 30 seconds, Speed 4.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 30 seconds, Speed 4.
Pour mixture over crumb crust in baking dish and spread into an even layer.
Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the lemon layer.
Bake in oven for 23 – 26 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight) then take it out and cut into squares.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- "I forgot to buy bread" Quick lunchbox Spelt Rolls
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- Pennette with saffron and prawns
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Rice fish and vegetables all in one
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel