- 250 g granita biscuits
- 125 g Butter
- 500 g cream cheese
- 130 g caster sugar
- 200 g sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla pod seeds, or
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or essence
Grease a 22cm springform tin, and preheat oven to 150 degrees (fan forced) / 170 degrees (non fan forced)
Add butter to Tmx and melt 100 degrees, 2 minutes, speed 1.
Add biscuits and process into fine crumbs, speed 5, 10 seconds.
Press biscuit/butter mix into tin and extend about 4cm up the sides. I find using the MC to press the base down and into the corners of the tin works well. I can never get the edges looking entirely perfect, regardless of how long I spend on them. I figure nobody really cares how perfect a cheesecake looks if they are too busy thinking about how great it tastes.
Put the base into the fridge to set while you prepare the filling
Clean and dry the Tmx bowl and add all the filling ingrediants (cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla and eggs). Mix speed 5, 30 seconds.
Take the lid off, scrape the sides down and remix for a further 5 seconds at speed 5.
Put the mix into the cooled base and bake in the oven for 50 minutes until firm with only a slight wobble in the middle. Once cooked turn the oven off and set the door ajar to let the cheesecake cool inside for up to 2 hours (or as long as you have).
Let it sit in the fridge overnight before serving
I like to serve this with berry coulis (recipe is in the everday cookbook).
Using vanilla pods or paste gives this a really beautiful flavour. And I love the look of the little black specks through the cake when you serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Rainbow cake
- Cauliflower Soup
- Condensed milk biscuits
- Chocolate Dripping Cake
- The Easiest Carrot Cake Ever
- Salted Caramel Sticky Date Cake
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust