- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 90 g butter, cut into chunks
- 150 g milk
- 60 g butter
- 40 g Soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp boiling water
Pre-heat oven to 210C (190C gas)
Prepare a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
Place flour and butter into mixing bowl and mix 5 sec/speed 5 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
With lid set to locked position, knead 40 - 60 sec/ Interval Setting adding milk gradually through the MC hole until a soft dough is formed.
Turn out dough onto ThermoMat or baking paper and roll out dough into a rectangle approx. 25 x 40cm and 5mm thick.
Place all ingredients for filling into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 4 or until creamy mixture has formed.
Spread mixture evenly over dough rectangle.
Roll up dough from the long side and using a sharp knife (use plastic if using a ThermoMat), cut rolled up dough into 3cm pieces.
Place dough pieces, cut side up, on prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 12 min or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare icing.
Weigh sugar in mixing bowl and mill 20 sec/speed 9 into icing sugar.
Add boiling water and mix 5 sec/speed 3 or until all sugar is incorpated and a smooth texture is achieved.
If you don't care about the colour of the icing you can use raw sugar, the icing will just be brown instead of white.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Papaya and Coconut milk Panacotta
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Lemon Flan
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)
- Olive and feta pinwheels
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pizza Margherita Grazia's way
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil