- 50 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 400 g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 30 g sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 egg, large
- 220 g milk
- 1 orange, thin peelings of skin
- 120 g light brown sugar
- 120 g fresh cranberries
- 50 unsalted butter, soft
- 50 g orange juice
- 240 icing sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Lightly grease a 30 cm x 24cm baking tin and a large bowl then set aside.
- Place butter, flour, sugar, yeast,mixed spice, salt, egg and milk in mixing bowl then mix 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then knead 3min/. Transfer to prepared bowl, cover and leave until doubled in size (approx. 2hours). Meanwhile prepare cranberry filling.
- Place orange peelings and 20g sugar in mixing bowl then grind 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then grind again 5 sec/speed 8.
- Add cranberries and remaining 100g sugar then Turbo/1 sec/1 time. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Transfer risen dough to a generously floured surface then roll into a rectangle (40cmx30cm). Spread 50g softened butter over dough with a soft spatula. Fold dough into three by folding bottom third up and top third down. Rotate dough so that folds are at sides, roll out again into a rectangle and fold into three again.
- Roll out into a 45cmx30cm rectangle, adding flour as needed. Spread cranberry mix over dough. Roll up into a sausage and cut into 12equal slices. Place slices cut side up, about 5mm apart, into prepared baking tin. Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bake 25-30minutes (200°C) until brown, then allow to cool. Meanwhile, prepare icing.
- Place a bowl on mixing bowl lid and weigh in orange juice and icing sugar. Mix together. Once buns are cool, drizzle them with icing mix before serving.
A perfect way to start Christmas Day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Cranberry Curd
- Guilt free raw chocolate treats
- Healthy breakfast
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Black Olive Biscuits with cheese filling
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Naan like the takeaway curry naan
- Lemon Curd Low-carb
- Cheese and Chive Scones
- peppers and balsamic vinegar gazpacho
- Watermelon drink