THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 165 g wholemeal flour, I use strong wholemeal bread flour
- 135 g Porridge Oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 130 g butter, unsalted and diced
- 40 g Soft Dark Brown Sugar, increase to 50g for sweeter biscuits
- 25 g milk
- 150 g chocolate (milk, dark or white), broken into pieces
1h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place Flour, Oats, Salt, Bicarb and Butter into the mixing bowl. Mix on Turbo / 1 sec / 4-5 times to make a breadcrum texture.
- Add sugar and Turbo / 1 sec / 1-2 times to combine.
- Add milk and mix 10 sec / speed 4 to combine. It will start to look like a biscuit dough. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and Knead 30 sec / "Dough mode" .
- Transfer the dough onto a large piece of cling film and flatten the dough into a disc shape. Wrap up the dough in the cling film and place in the fridge for 30 mins.
Meanwhile wash up your bowl and prepare 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Cut 2 large pieces of baking parchment and place the cold dough between them. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 3mm thick.
- Using a 6 / 6.5cm straight sided cutter, stamp out 18-22 circles. Re-roll any excess dough to cut it into circles. Place the biscuits onto the baking trays, leaving 1cm between the biscuits to allow for any spread. Prick the biscuits on top with a fork or skewer - be careful not to go all the way through the dough.
- Place the biscuits back into the fridge for 15 mins and preheat your oven to 190'C / Fan 170'C / Gas 6.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check after 15 mins - biscuits should look golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 mins on the baking trays before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place chocolate pieces into the mixing bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and the blade then melt 3min / 50'C / Speed 1.
- Turn your biscuits over so that the pricked side is facing down, then working with 1 biscuit at a time:
- spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the biscuit and spread it from the middle to the edges in a thin coating.
- using a clean knife, drag lines across the chocolate surface approximately 7mm apart.
- Turn the biscuit 45' and drag lines again.
- Leave the biscuits to set.
If your chocolate starts getting too firm to spread, just return the bowl to the machine for 30 sec / 50'C / Speed 1 to soften again.
Make the Biscuit Dough
Accessories you need
Make a hot chocolate to use up any leftover chocolate in the bowl by adding 100-200g milk and heating 6 mins / 80'C / Speed 1. Then mix 5 second / Speed 7 and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.