- 200 grams beetroot, cooked
- 200 grams plain flour
- 100 grams cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 200 grams oil, sunflower or olive oil fine
- 150 grams dark chocolate, chopped or buttons
- crème fraîche, to serve
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Grease and/or line a 900 gram loaf tin, or a fabulous bundt cake tin like we used.
- Place beetroot into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Mix batter 8 sec/speed 4 and add oil in a steady stream through the lid, as if you were making mayonaise.
- Remove mixing bowl from TM5 and stir chocolate buttons through using the spatula.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and cook for 1 hour, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin to cool on a rack for 10 minutes before turning out.
- Serve with creme fraiche or clotted cream. We drizzled ours with chocolate ganache for added indulgence.
Accessories you need
The beetroot adds a wonderful background earthiness that is fabulous with the chocolate cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Granola Bars
- Roasted Red Pepper Puree
- Variation The Perfect Lasagne
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Honey Pork Ribs
- Muhammara (Red pepper and walnut dip)