- 125 g unsalted butter
- 80 g golden caster sugar
- 50g g muscovado sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 90 g white flour
- 50 g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 50 g barley flakes
- 25 g puffed brown rice
- 150 g 70% dark chocolate, in chunks
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Cream butter and sugars 2 min/speed 5. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix a further minute/speed 5
- Add flours, baking powder, and salt 10-15s//speed 5 or until incorporated
- Add barley, rice and chocolate and mix 5-10s/ speed 4
- Scoop golf ball size pieces of dough onto a baking tray lines with paper or silicon mat. For better results, use a small ice cream scoop
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the borders start going golden. The cookie will be soft n the middle but it will harden when it cools. Please try not to over bake them. enjoy!
Preheat oven at 160C
Accessories you need
I like introducing a bit of wholemeal flour when baking for children and diferent types of textures, but by all means you can use 140g white flour or white spelt flour and instead of barley and puffed brown rice you can use oats. Literally anything that you think may go well, trying to keep the amounts similar to recipe.
You can also chop the chocolate chunks at the begining and set aside (depending on how big your initial pieces are, try 3 seconds speed 3 and keep adding until desided size) but I like doing it by hand whilst the butter and sugar are being creamed. Alternatively, add Callebaut chips but I find that you miss finding that large piece of chocolate in a cookie that is so satisfying.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.