- 1 tsp butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 80 g sugar
- 60 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 150 g mascarpone
- 250 g white chocolate, small pieces or callets
- 2 tbsp spinkles, various
2h 0minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a spring form cake tin (Ø 22 cm) with baking paper.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place eggs, vanilla sugar and sugar in mixing bowl then heat 6 min/37°C/speed 4. Whisk 6 min/speed 4.
- Add flour and salt then mix 4 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk and scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then mix gently. Transfer to prepared tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (180°C) until golden and a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and leave in tin to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl.
- When cake has cooled, cut into pieces (approx.4cm). Place cake pieces in mixing bowl and shred 2 sec/speed 5.
- Add mascarpone and mix 15 sec/speed 4.
- Form 14 egg shapes using your hands (approx. 4 cm x 3 cm). Place on a tray and set aside in fridge to firm up for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl.
- Place 50 g white chocolate in mixing bowl and chop 8 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then melt 2 min/50°C/speed 2. Transfer to a bowl.
- Dip blunt tip of a cake pop stick in melted chocolate then gently push halfway into egg. Repeat with remaining eggs then return tray to fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once cake pops have set on the sticks, place remaining 200 g white chocolate in mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then melt 4 min/50°C/speed . Transfer to a bowl.
- Dip each egg in the melted chocolate, turning so that it is completely coated. Hold above chocolate and keep turning until all excess chocolate has run back into bowl. While chocolate is still warm, decorate eggs with hundreds and thousands or other edible decorations. Allow to stand upright while chocolate sets then place in fridge until ready to serve.
If you do not have a cake pop stand, a great alternative is to serve cake pops on a tray with the sticks in the air. If you choose to do this focus on decorating the underside area, around the stick.
For a great finish on your pop make sure the cake mixture is smooth before coating with chocolate.
A mug filled with sugar is a great help to keep your egg pops up right to dry. Once you've dipped your pop in chocolate and decorated it, place them in with enough space so they do not touch each other.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Baked Marble Cheesecake with Brownie Base
- Russian Honey cake
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Coconut & Chocolate chip Banana Bread
- Stir fried egg noodles with duck breast and vegetables
- Chicken Chasni
- Redcurrant /whitecurrant jelly
- Sweet Light Scones
- Granola Bars
- Mini Carrot Muffins (Baby/Toddler - no added sugar)