- 200 g butter, soft and diced, plus extra for greasing
- 40 g milk
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast, or 25 g fresh yeast
- 60 g caster sugar
- 500 g strong white bread flour
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg yolk, beaten, for glaze
- 1 tsp water, for glaze
8h 50minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Grease with butter a large bowl and a large brioche tin (Ø 12 cm base, Ø 24 cm top) then set aside.
- Set a plate on top of mixing bowl lid and weigh diced butter on to it. Set plate aside.
- Place milk, yeast and sugar in mixing bowl and heat 2min/37°C/speed2.
- Add flour, eggs and salt then knead 10min/, adding reserved diced butter slowly through hole in lid during first 4minutes of kneading.
- Transfer dough to prepared bowl, cover with cling film or a damp tea towel and leave to rise until doubled in size (approx. 3-6hours).
- Once doubled insize, work the dough into a smooth even ball and place in greased brioche tin, cover loosely with greased cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size (approx. 2-3hours).
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Mix egg yolk with 1teaspoon water then use a pastrybrush to brush it on top of risen loaf. Bake for 30minutes (190°C), covering the top with foil if it begins to brown too much before the loaf is baked. Remove from tin and cool completely on a wire rack before
Accessories you need
A large loaf tin can also be used if you do not have a brioche tin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Russian Honey cake
- Cauliflower mash
- Red pepper and tomato soup
- Porridge with Coconut Milk
- Nutella Crepes
- Oatmeal with Chia Seeds
- Spicy Hot Chocolate
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Apple, Pear and Banana Purée.
- Chicken Chasni
- Low fat Pasta with fresh Tarragon and chicken thighs in tomato sauce
- Sweet Light Scones