- 250 grams Strong Coffee, Cold
- 250 grams buttermilk, Or 250 Grams Milk soured with 1 tbs vinegar, and rested
- 100 grams oil, Not Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams plain flour
- 400 grams sugar
- 70 grams cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 350 grams Sugar or Icing Sugar
- 225 grams Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 tablespoon Pouring Cream or Milk, (Preferably cream)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
1.Turn on oven to 180 Celcius.
2. Line a baking tin 24x30cm with baking paper, (or put 24 cup cake cases into a cup cake baking tray).
3. Add all Cake Ingredients in the order they appear on the list (wet ingredients first).
4. Blend ingredients for 1 min/speed 4. Slowly increase the speed.
5. Scrape the sides of the TM bowl and mix for another 10 sec/Speed 4.
6. Pour mix into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cup Cakes will not take this long, so cook until a skwer inserted into the centre of the cup cake comes out clean.
7. Whilst the cake is cooking, prepare the icing.
8. Mill Sugar 20 sec/speed 9. Set Aside (no need to clean bowl).
9. Put Butter and cream (or milk) into TM bowl. Blend 1 min/Speed 5.
10. Add Sugar and Cocoa to TM bowl. Blend 1 Min/Speed 6, or until fluffy and smooth.
11. Once the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven. Leave in the cake tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
12. Once completely cooled, icing can be spread over with a knife or spatula.
I suggest the cake should be stored in the fridge.
Cooling & Icing
I was given this recipe by one of my friends who is a chef.
It is incredibly moist and I have been asked for the recipe several time..
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Key Lime Pie
- Devilled Eggs
- Buffalo Wings
- Nectarine and Peach Smoothie
- Panna Cottas with Peaches and Thyme Syrup
- Peach and Raspberry Crumble
- Couscous Vegetable Salad
- Salmon Omelette
- Nectarine, Banana and Green Tea Lollies
- Lamb and Paprika Rice
- Lamb Stuffed with Dried Fruit and Nuts
- RAVIOLI WITH SWEET RICOTTA FILLING AND LAMB RAGU
- Umeshu Sorbet
- Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
- Sophie's 3 Minute Bread
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Courgette & Chorizo Soup
- Soda Bread with Feta & Rosemary
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chilli prawn linguine
- Red rice with feta, beetroot and smoked mackerel
- Healthy & Delicious Sea Bass Noodle Soup
- portuguese soft/fresh cheese
- Vanilla & Strawberry cheesecake (unbaked)