- 4 Ripe bananas, peeled
- 130 g Unsalted butter, soft
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 220 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin and set aside.
Place bananas into mixing bowl and mash 5 sec/speed 6.
Add butter and sugar and beat 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add eggs and mix 10 see/speed 4.
Add all remaining ingredients and combine 20 sec/speed 4.
Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake 50 - 60 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm
or allow to cool completely before placing into an airtight container to store
Banana bread can be enjoyed either fresh or toasted
For a substitute to buttermilk add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Combine and allow to rest for five minutes before using in your recipe.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Granola Bars
- Paleo Flourless Brownie Bite
- Healthier hobnob style cookies
- Victoria Sponge
- Choc Chip Oat and Quinoa Cookies
- Chocolate pear cake
- Healthy carrot cake pancakes
- Rhubarb and Ginger Victoria Sandwich
- Seed flapjacks
- Chocolate Digestives (adapted from Paul Hollywood's Recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy fruit loaf
- Traditional Fruit Scones with Buttermilk
- Pumpernickel style bread with nuts From German Basic Cookbook)
- Stilton, pear, potato and balsamic onions pie with walnut pastry crust
- Strawberry Olive Oil Cake
- Chocolate Dulche De Leche Cake
- Cheese and Onion Soda Bread
- Buttermilk bread
- Buttermilk Salmon Bake
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- Easy Wholemeal Linseed Loaf
- Fromage Blanc (Farmers Cheese)
- BLACK MAGIC MUD CAKE